We , Bookitnow.pk , are a team to provide you with your One Stop Entertainment Solution - With the passion of giving the best , deriving innovation for your ease , inculcating the new trends to let you stay connected with everything happening around.
Challenge yourself to the most exciting and ambitious marathon competition in Pakistan at 8th wonder of the world Karakoram highway on August 14, 2019. The race’s iconic route will take runners through Pakistan’s most beautiful Karakoram mountains landscape. Runners will make their way through historical Karakoram highway all the way to Pak-China border.
Race Categories include:
1 mile Junior Marathon
21.097km Half Marathon
42.195km Full Marathon
Venue: Sust To Khunjerab Pass
Please reach by 14th August, 2019
The marathon will be started on 14th August, 7:00 AM.
THINGS TO CARRY AND CONSIDER
Below list is recommended based on our experience and you may tweak it depending on your personal style and preference.
- If you going to run over 10km you MUST be acclimatized properly for high altitude. You MUST have previous running experience average 50km per week.
- Although we will first aid station & vehicle in any unforeseen event. Please understand and remember that YOU are the best person to safeguard your well-being and safety and hence you have to take full responsibility for any injury that may occur during the race.
- A sturdy hydration pack/vest large enough to carry your water and essentials.
- Have as much fluid as you can water, electrolyte salts/fluids, energy bars, nuts, fruits etc.
- All of the route will be on KKH with. Therefore, it is essential that everyone has proper running shoes, long pants, long sleeve shirts, hats, scarves, and gloves. And windbreaker with you These are required items for this race as they will help protect you from the terrain and keep you proceed from brutal wind.
- you should also carry a head torch, Charged mobile phone.
-Trekking poles are highly recommended as one will gain roughly 2300m altitude
Disclaimer: All adventure sports, including running at high altitude involves inherent risks of accidents and injuries. Neither I run for smile nor any of its event leaders/members take any responsibility or indemnify the participants against any injury, loss or damage suffered by any participant during the event.
Therefore, please assess fitness and capability of yourself before you joining the event.