Lahore Qalandars franchise was bought by QALCO group (Qatar Lubricant Company) and is owned by Fawad Rana, who is a big fan of this ultimate sport; cricket. But unfortunately, his team finished in the fifth position in previous two editions.
But this time around they are in it to win it. They have picked the best of the best in their quest to lift the trophy. Their side will be captained by Brendon McCullum for the third time. Along with him, Chris Lynn who is an outstanding hitter of the ball can prove to be a dangerous batting duo. Our national hero Fakhar Zaman and Umar Akmal are a huge asset in batting lineup of Qalandars.
Sunil Narine, Yasir Shah, Mustafizur Rahman and Bilawal Bhatti are intelligent bowlers who bring variety in Lahore Qalandars bowling attack. New talent in face of Bilal Asif, Raza Hasan, Sohail Akhtar, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Ghulam Mudassar is picked to be a part of the team.
Three supplementary players who might feature in this edition is Angelo Mathews, Mitchell McClenaghan, and Gulraiz Sadaf.
To OUT-MAST rivals, the head coach Paddy Upton, Aqib Javed and assistant coach Kabir Khan will coach new strategy for the boys. The bowling department is in good hands with Shoaib Akhtar giving his expert advice. Other support staff includes Atiq Uz-Zaman as fielding coach, Kyle Mills as technical advisor, Inzimam Ul Haq as advisor Franchise and Richard Stonier as fitness coach. With all this help this team can put a great performance.
- Coaches: Paddy Upton, Aqib Javed, Paddy Upton.
- Batsman: Brendon McCullum (Captain), Cameron Delport, Sohail Akhtar, Chris Lynn, Fakhar Zaman,
- Bowlers: Sunil Narine, Sohail Khan, Zafar Gohar, Yasir Shah, Bilawal Bhatti, Ghulam Mudassar, Mitchell McClenaghan, Raza Hasan, Dinesh Ramdin (as cover for Mustafizur Rahman), Shaheen Afridi, Imran Khan
- Wicket Keepers: Umar Akmal, Gulraiz Sadaf
- All Rounder: Aamer Yamin, Bilal Asif, Anton Devich (replaced Angelo Mathews)
Jazz and Huawei are proud official Sponsors of Lahore Qalandars, Royal Palm Golf and Country Club as official Hospitality partners and Awaz Group of Companies as Official Radio partner. We wish the Lahore Qalandars all the best of luck.